We are currently OPEN for routine, sick, and emergency appointments and surgeries, and we will continue our normal business hours unless circumstances change.
We will, however, be instituting some new safety measures intended to keep you and our staff healthy and help us all maintain social distancing as recommended.
New safety measures:
Curb side check in
· We are asking all clients to call from the car in the parking lot to check in for your appointment.
· After checking in by phone, please wait in your car with your pet until a staff member comes out to escort you and your pet directly to an exam room.
Drop off appointments
· To minimize exposure to other people, we are encouraging drop off appointments. With this type of appointment, we can minimize human contact but still give terrific care to your pets.
· Pull up, give us a call, and a staff member will come out to your car to collect your pet and have you sign some paperwork.
Prescription refills and food orders
· As always, please call ahead to make sure your prescription will be ready for you.
· Call from the car when you arrive for pick up and a staff member will deliver your order to your car and obtain payment.
Grooming and boarding
· Please call from the car when you arrive in the parking lot, and then wait for the groomer or another staff member to come out to your car to escort your pet into the building.
What you can expect from us:
A clean facility
· We already have stringent cleaning protocols in place which include disinfecting common surfaces (e.g. door knobs, counter tops, bathrooms, furniture arms) twice daily. Now, we are doing MORE.
· We will be disinfecting common surfaces in the lobby and bathrooms a minimum of four times daily.
· All surfaces in the exam rooms will continue to be disinfected after each patient visit.
A commitment to staff wellness
· Staff members have been instructed to stay home if they feel ill, have a fever, or know they have been exposed to COVID-19.
· We are reinforcing our hand washing protocol and have hand sanitizing stations throughout the clinic.
What we expect from our clients:
· Please do not come to the clinic if you, or anyone you are in close contact with, are feeling ill or have a fever. Please call or email the clinic to reschedule your pet’s appointment.
· Please take advantage of our hand sanitizer upon arrival and departure
· Please be patient with us as we adjust to these new protocols and do our best to keep everyone safe.
Thank you for your support and patience, and thank you for continuing to trust Laketown Animal Hospital to provide the best possible care for your pets.