1115 Stevenson Dr

Springfield, IL 62703

HOURS

Monday-Thursday: 7:30AM-7:30PM

Friday: 7:30AM-5:30PM

Saturday: 8:30AM-1:30PM

© 2023 by Annex. Proudly created with Wix.com

  • Grey Facebook Icon
Search

Jay's Road to Recovery

Each year we see hundreds of pets suffering from illness or injury with this year being no different. Yesterday we had a case that really touched our hearts. Jay, a one-year-old shepherd mix, was transferred to our hospital suffering from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning. Monday evening Jay’s home had a carbon monoxide leak that led to the death of his owner’s close friend and cat. After being resuscitated by local firefighters, Jay was rushed to the Animal Emergency Clinic following the accident where he was placed on oxygen therapy and monitored closely. He suffered from hearing loss, visual impairment, respiratory distress, and an inability to walk or stand on his own. Tuesday morning he arrived at our hospital for supportive care. Jay is the only survivor of the carbon monoxide leak. He has steadily been improving and is now at home with his owners and on his way to recovery. Jay still has a long road ahead and will continue to need check-ups and additional medical care.

Laketown Animal Hospital has set up a fund to help Jay’s family with his medical bills. If you would like to make a donation you can visit our website at laketownanimalhospital.com. Each year we see hundreds of pets suffering from illness or injury with this year being no different. Yesterday we had a case that really touched our hearts. Jay, a one-year-old shepherd mix, was transferred to our hospital suffering from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning. Monday evening Jay’s home had a carbon monoxide leak that led to the death of his owner’s close friend and cat. After being resuscitated by local firefighters, Jay was rushed to the Animal Emergency Clinic following the accident where he was placed on oxygen therapy and monitored closely. He suffered from hearing loss, visual impairment, respiratory distress, and an inability to walk or stand on his own. Tuesday morning he arrived at our hospital for supportive care. Jay is the only survivor of the carbon monoxide leak. He has steadily been improving and is now at home with his owners and on his way to recovery. Jay still has a long road ahead and will continue to need check-ups and additional medical care. Laketown Animal Hospital has set up a fund to help Jay’s family with his medical bills. If you would like to make a donation you can visit 

http://www.youcaring.com/pet-expenses/jay-s-road-to-recovery/306190.